The Annual General Meeting sets the Agenda and scope of work for the Caribbean Shipping Association. The work of the Association is directed by the General Council and implemented by a Secretariat located in Kingston, Jamaica.
The General Council is the governing body of the association. This body, chaired by the President, is responsible for the management of CSA affairs and the exercise of all powers and duties conferred upon the Association.
The General Council comprises:
- - President
- - Vice President
- - Immediate Past President
- - General Manager*
- - Four (4) members nominated by Group A
- - Two (2) members nominated by Group B
- - Two (2) members nominated by Group C
- - One (1) member nominated by Group D
* Elections for all except this executive post are held at the Annual General Meeting in October each year.
The General Council takes advice from four (4) Standing Committees:
- - Board of Trustees of the CSA Training Trust Fund
- - The Port Award Committee
- - The Silver Club
- - The Cruise Committee
The CSA SECRETARIAT
The registered address of the Secretariat of the CSA is in Kingston, Jamaica. Headed by the General Manager, the Secretariat provides full-time administrative support for the activities of the General Council; while planning content and logistics for the CSA's Caribbean Shipping Executives Conference and the Annual General Meeting, Conference and Exhibition each year. During Conferences and General Meetings, the Secretariat is temporarily located at the venue of such Conference or General Meeting.