Barak Obama’s journey to Havana in recent days signals advancing rapprochement with the United States after some 55 years of economic sanctions which have impeded the development of trade between Cuba and the rest of the world. While thawing relations between the two countries present obvious opportunities for Cuba, there may be a whirlwind of untapped business potential for discerning investors seeking to benefit from first-mover advantage in the post-embargo era. For businesses looking to explore, develop and deepen commercial ties with Cuba, the time may very well be NOW!
Register now for the CSA's Spreader Training Course 2016 in Association with Bromma!
Leading manufacturers of MHC, STS and Yard Spreaders, Bromma, has partnered with the Caribbean Shipping Association (CSA) for a second consecutive year to offer hands-on training to CSA members in the use of various models of its fleet of spreaders. The latest programme is scheduled for May 10 - 13, 2016 at the facilities of DP World Caucedo - Dominican Republic.
Participants can expect to exit the intensive three-days of study and field training with a comprehensive understanding of operating Bromma Spreaders to the manufacturer’s standards, maintenance of the equipment and its latest technological advancements.
The Caribbean Shipping Association is pleased to provide its stakeholders with exposure to best practice operations at the Kingston Wharves Limited (KWL) operated port facility in Jamaica through this Terminal Exchange opportunity.
The study tour is open to participants from companies in good standing with the CSA in cohorts of 8 per course. The first group of registrants will be immersed in operations at KWL over the period April 11 to 15, 2016, while the second group will commence on April 18th, running for a similar period.
The Shipping Association of St. Lucia elected a new executive at its Bi-Annual General Meeting of the Association held on Thursday, February 18, 2016. Leslie Jn Baptiste was elected unopposed to head the Association as President for a two year term. Other members elected were:
- Mr. Trevor Philip, a former President and Charter President was elected to serve as the Vice President
- Karen Lawrence and Aldrick George will serve as the Trustees
- Oliver Scotland, Johkim Daniel, and Shem Glasgow were elected as the Floor Representatives
- Eddie hazel will continue to serve on the executive in his new capacity as the Immediate Past President
- Fabian Branford who has served as the Secretary of the Association will again serve as the appointed Secretary/ Treasurer of the Association.
St. Lucia News Online: http://www.stlucianewsonline.com/shipping-association-of-st-lucia-elects-new-executive/
An exciting training opportinity awaits! Participate in the CSA endorsed 6th Maritime Forwarding, Freight Logistics & Global Chain Supply Workshop, a two-day event being held April 27 - 28, 2016 at the Residence Inn, Miramar, Florida. The event is a specialist training forum for entry to senior level executives in the shipping industry and will feature interactive presentations on the following areas which are critical to the success of businesses in Maritime Transportation and its franchises:
- Trends and Roles in International Logistics
- Key Global & Regional Freight Forwarders
- Ocean Freight Forwarder, NVOCC Operations and Domestic Transportation
- Air Freight Forwarding
- Customs Brokers
- Cargo Vessel and Port Operations
- Maritime Regulatory Updates
- Hazardous Material Awareness
- Trade Security (CBP &TSA)
- Export & Import Trade Compliance (CBP & BIS)
- Exporter & Importer (Incoterms, Insurance)